Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge
Better Have a Pass When You Cross That Bridge

Thursday, October 22, 2009

What do you remember?

What is your favorite part about Brooklyn from the past? What do you remember the most and what do you wish was still around?

I loved when I could wear clear bookbags, I thought jumpers were so cool, It's funny because people still think Coogi is cool or is it? hmm... I remember when people were so scared to wear colors then didn't leave the house, I remember when Coney Island was the spot, I remember when...I sometimes wish the words "tha bomb" were still in.

4 comments:

  1. I remember when we used to ask the Cablevision Truck Driver for some cord so that we can make double dutch ropes. And when it was warm out everyone would be outside until real late, just relaxing, listening to music, talking...no drama. Before the internet and cell phones, ya know?

    I also remember when going to Kings Plaza was a big deal too LOL.

    Everybody used to wear Guess jumpers with one side unbuckled and a pant leg rolled up.. ahhh man.. good times

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember jellies(the clear sandals). Everybody used to fiend for the little strings that came on the jansports backpacks. Or when I used to run home to listen to Angie on the radio and the 5 o'clock free ride, or as the years went on to watch AJ and Free. For some reason I remember people always eating all that junk after school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when I could go outside everyday after-school. There was no confusion about exams, or assignments due to next day. The only thing we worried about was who would ask the cable guy for some rope to play double-dutch, and who would be the first to jump in the rope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember buying yo-yo's on the corner of Glenwood and Nostrand, while waiting for the B44, every week after school. Then, I remember going to Flatbush Ave. and looking for those shirts that had the Chinese writing and characters that everyone wanted. That was REAL fashion.

    ReplyDelete